Professional Nursing | RN Program
Start the Admission Process
Request admissions information and get everything you need to apply to Jersey College, including course descriptions, schedules, and financial aid information.
Why Jersey College?
Academic Excellence · Community Engagement · Diverse Student Experience · Adaptation to Change
Jersey College is dedicated to excellence in nursing education. We are devoted to providing quality nursing education and to bridge the labor gap in the nursing field. As a nursing student at Jersey College, you will receive:
- Individualized attention and support for our students
- Experience the Jersey College family atmosphere
- Learn the art and science of nursing from within the hospital environment
- Interact and engage with hospital leadership and nurse managers
- Benefit from the NurseLife Financial Assistance Program sponsored by Physicians Regional Healthcare System
- LEVEL I
Course # Course Title Credits HSC205 Human Body in Health and Disease I* 3.0 NUS211 Healthcare Foundations* 7.5 OR NUS214 Transitions and Health Assessment* 7.5
- LEVEL II
Course # Course Title Credits HSC204 Principles of Pharmacology 3.0 HSC206 Human Body in Health and Disease II* 3.0 HSC207 Human Body in Health and Disease III* 2.0 NUR221 Nursing II: Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing 7.5 NUR222 Nursing III: Psychiatric Nursing 5.5 NUR223 Nursing IV: Care of Women and Children 10.0
- LEVEL III
Course # Course Title Credits NUR224 Nursing V: Advanced Concepts of Medical-Surgical Nursing 2.0 NUR225 Nursing VI: Leadership and Delegation 2.0 NUR226 Nursing Seminar 6.0
- ANY LEVEL COURSES
Course # Course Title Credits BIO201 Microbiology: Impact of Microorganisms on the Environment 3.0 ENG201 Composition I 3.0 HUN201 Nutrition 3.0 MAT202 College Algebra 3.0 PSY201 Life Span Development 3.0 SOC201 Sociology 3.0
^ Normal time in the Professional Nursing program includes the additional time associated with the passing the comprehensive assessment and completing assignments needed for licensure recommendation by Jersey College.
* Students with an active and unencumbered Practical Nursing license may request advanced placement and receive 8.0 credits (6.0 theory and 2.0 lab) for prior learning. In such case, these students will be provided with credit for HSC205 (Human Body in Health and Disease I), HSC206 (Human Body in Health and Disease II), and HSC207 (Human Body in Health and Disease III) and be required to undertake NUS214 (Transitions and Health Assessment) instead of NUS211 (Healthcare Foundations).
**Students who are required to undertake NUS211 (Healthcare Foundations) are not requested to take NUS214 (Transitions and Heath Assessment)
Investing in your nursing career
Tuition and Financial Aid
Program Tuition & Fees*
Verification Fee (per term)
* subject to change
† Please contact your Financial Aid Planner for scholarship terms and conditions'
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Jersey College Accredited?
Jersey College is institutionally accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE), a national accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education. COE is approved to accredit post-secondary institutions that offer certificate, diploma, or associate degree programs.
For detailed accreditation information about the Professional Nursing (Associate Degree) programs at Jersey College, please visit the Accreditation & Licensing page.
Jersey College is also a member agency of both the National League for Nursing and the National Organization for Associate Degree Nursing.
Learn more about our Accreditations & Licenses.
- When are exams scheduled?
Jersey College entrance exams are required for admission and test the prospective student’s math and reading comprehension skills. Be sure to contact your campus Admissions Representative for entrance testing registration and study guide information.
As a student, your examination schedule will be provided prior to each teaching period. Please refer to the current exam calendar for more information.
Graduating nurses must take and pass the National Council Licensure Examination (commonly called the NCLEX exam) in order to assess “the knowledge, skills and abilities that are essential for the entry-level nurse.” After receiving an Authorization to Test (ATT), first-time test takers should call to schedule an appointment with a testing center. You will generally be given a date within the following 30 days. Learn more about scheduling an NCLEX Exam.
- How long is the program?
The length of time for your program depends on your track, schedule, and entry option.
The coursework in the Practical Nursing program may range from 12-18 months depending on your schedule.
The coursework in the Professional Nursing program may range from 15-33 months depending on your track, schedule, and entry option (i.e., advanced placement or traditional).
Please reach out to an Admissions Representative to discuss timing expectations for your unique situation.
- Are transfer credits accepted?
All students who wish to transfer from an external institution must meet all admission requirements at Jersey College. Credit-bearing coursework from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education may be eligible for transfer credit at Jersey College. Coursework may not be transferred into the Practical Nursing program. For information on the transferability of credits, visit our Transfer Portal.
Learn more about our Transfer of Credit policy.
- What do I need to do to apply?
At Jersey College, we pride ourselves on our ambitious student body. We look forward to your application. At a high level, the process for gaining admission to Jersey College includes these steps:
- Complete the application for admissions. Speak to an Admissions Representative to get started.
- Meet minimum requirements such as presenting proof of high school education or its equivalent (as defined by the US DOE) and proof of US citizenship or a permanent resident card (aka green card).
- Participate in interviews with administration and/or faculty members and obtain a recommendation for admission.
- Receive your letter of acceptance.
- Complete your enrollment which includes steps such as executing an Enrollment Agreement, making an advance program deposit (which will be applied against the total tuition and fees of the program), and passing a background check.
- Determine your sequence of courses.
- Attend a comprehensive orientation session.
- Begin your NurseLife!
Accreditations & Licenses
The Naples campus is licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education, license number 10258. The Professional Nursing program is licensed by the Florida Board of Nursing. Jersey College is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education.