General Admissions Requirements
To become a student in one of Jersey College's nursing programs, prospective applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be at least eighteen (18) year of age.
- Present proof of high school education or its equivalent (as defined by the US DOE)* The high school education can be from a foreign school if it is equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma.* Jersey College does not offer admission based on Ability to Benefit (ATB).
- Present proof of U.S. citizenship or a permanent resident card (aka green card).*
- Complete an application for admissions.
- Participate in interviews with administration and/or faculty members and obtain a recommendation for admission, based on information received during the application process
- Make an advance program deposit for tuition and fees. The deposit will be applied against the total tuition and fees of the program that is in effect on the date of enrollment.*
In addition to meeting the US DOE definition for high school education, applicants must meet the following: For a Florida campus-based program “evidence of a high school graduation diploma, general equivalency diploma, or its equivalent” (Florida Statutes Rule 6E-2.004(4)(m)3, Fla. Admin. Code).
Students in enrolling in a nursing program in the State of Indiana must provide “a complete high school transcript” and applicants providing a GED must provide “a copy of the test results listing individual and total scores on the GED test ...” with satisfactory test scores (848 IAC 1-2-11(e),(f)).
Applicants shall have completed work equal to a standard high school course with a minimum of 16 units, including 4 units of English, 3 units of Social Studies, 2 units of Mathematics (one of which is Algebra) and 2 units of Science with a related laboratory or the equivalent. Title 49 Pa.C.S. §21.101(c)
school of nursing standards for admission
In order to be considered for admission into the School of Nursing at Jersey College, applicants must meet the general standards of admission for the College and meet the minimum skill levels in one of the following academic aptitude tests.
|Aptitude Test||minimum Score|
|American College Test (ACT)||17 Composite Score|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||900 CR-M (taken on or after March 5, 2016)
820 CR-M (taken before March 5, 2016)
|Jersey College Entrance Exam||75 on Reading and Math|