Register for the Entrance Exam
Contact your campus Admissions Representative for entrance testing registration information
About the Entrance Exam
The Entrance Exam tests the following skills: Math and Reading. The test is computerized.
The Math skills section of the exam covers math skills needed for calculation of drugs and solutions, including whole numbers, percentages, decimals, and fractions.
- The math portion of the test includes approximately 50 questions.
The Reading Comprehension section of the exam covers health related topics and focuses on the following skills: reading rate, reading rate placement, main ideas of passage, critical thinking, inferential reading, and predicting of outcomes.
- The reading comprehension portion of the test includes approximately 50 questions
- You must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled testing appointment
- The exam takes approximately three to six hours
- Testers are usually able to receive their results the same day
- The cost for the Entrance Exam may vary by campus. The fee is non-refundable and must be paid in full upon registration
- Photo identification is required on the day of the exam
- Notes, books, scratch paper, or aids (computer or language based) are not permitted in the Testing Center
- Talking to anyone other than proctors during the exam is not permitted
1 Graduates of any of Jersey College’s Practical Nursing programs may seek advanced placement into the Professional Nursing program without a LPN license; however, such students may not enroll in and register for nursing courses with clinical and practicum experiences without providing proof of a current, active, unencumbered LPN license.
2 An unofficial copy of a transcript and/or an official notification from a state agency that the applicant has graduated from an approved/accredited Practical Nursing program may be utilized in lieu of an official transcript in limited circumstances. Such use is at the sole discretion of Jersey College.